Christmas in the Village
2017 Christmas in the Village
Canal Winchester’s annual storybook Christmas celebration will be held in the city’s historic downtown on Friday, December 1 and Saturday, December 2.
FRIDAY NIGHT: 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
SATURDAY NIGHT: 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Activities will take place on the sidewalks and streets of downtown Canal Winchester as well as inside several business establishments around the city’s municipal office building at 36 S. High Street.
For more information about Christmas in the Village, please contact Amanda Lemke at 614-834-9915. *All vendor spaces for the Holiday Craft Bazaar at Christmas in the Village have been filled.
Christmas in the Village is a partnership between the City of Canal Winchester and Destination:Canal Winchester. This free community event would not be possible without the support of many local businesses and volunteers.
- Tree Lighting 6:00 p.m. Friday, 5:00 p.m. Saturday (grassy knoll behind Stradley Place)
- Visit with Santa (Huntington Bank) *Look for Canal Winchester Human Services' Adopt-A-Family Toy Box! Food, Toy, or Donation to Adopt-A-Family Program always appreciated!
- Christmas Trolley (various downtown stops)
- Cookies & Cardmaking (Faith United Methodist Church - 15 W. Columbus)
- Children’s Games (Chase Bank)
- Children's Train Rides (across from Fantasy Cupcake)
- Hayrides (in front of municipal building)
- Meet Ginger & Gingy / Gingerbread House Contest (HER Realtors - 11 S. High)
- Children’s Crafts (Town Hall)
- Pet Pictures with Santa (M. Vasko office- 19 N. High)*$10 donation suggested
- Meet the Grinch (HER Realtors - 25 N. High)
- Ice Sculptures (Stradley Place)
- Popcorn Station (Stradley Place)
- Christmas Music on S. High Street (courtesy of Councilman Mike Walker)
- Craft Bazaar (Community Center) *2017 vendor space is filled
- Train Display (Community Center)
- Canal Winchester Area Historical Society's Prentiss School and Railroad Depot will be open to visitors each night. (N. High)
- *Friday - Brockstrong Holiday Lights Parade with Santa (Begins at 5:30 p.m. with Santa arriving downtown at 6:00 p.m.) click here for parade route
- *Friday - Christmas Carols by CWHS Choir (Stradley Place)
- *Saturday - Santa Procession (Begins at 4:30 p.m. with Santa arriving downtown at 5:00 p.m.) click here for parade route
- *Saturday - Winchester Chimes Holiday Performance (Prentiss School and Railroad Depot - N. High)
- *Saturday - Visit Santa's Reindeer (grassy knoll behind Stradley Place)